Friday, April 8, 2011

Rebekah's 1st Birthday!

Here was my first attempt at cutting out cakes... The crown looks a little like a deformed hand but just use your imagination :) It was the 'best' part of the cake that didn't really work out and the #1 was planned but a very different texture... they were edible but I'm still on the hunt for a great birthday cake.
Papa grilled a bunch of hamburgers and hot dogs for the party. This is the gang. If you look closely you will see nothing but boys... Lucky little girl! Good luck to anyone who thinks they want to date Rebekah :) Four of the boys are her cousins and the other 3 are our friends. Twins - Devon & Kaiden and their little brother Coben (they also have another little brother on the way!) I'd say there is something in the water here in Pella but the Sinclair's were all born in CA.
Cousin Noah is making the kids laugh at something... Rebekah adores her cousin Noah!
Present time! Jacob was a BIG helper for Rebekah. We had to reign him in a little bit :)
Rebekah really enjoyed opening her little gifts!
Aunt Amy did a wonderful job buying some super cute clothes for Rebekah! I'm sure it would be fun to buy for a little girl when you have four boys at home! I know after only having one boy I really enjoy shopping for Rebekah's clothes!
The night before Rebekah's party Jacob and Daddy had a special night out. They went to McDonald's for dinner and then to the store so that Jacob could pick a present out for Rebekah. Jacob picked out this little dolly and Rebekah LOVED it. She hugged it and kissed it and it was very very sweet!
This is Jacob doing a victory dance because Rebekah loved the gift he picked out! See what I mean about him always making us laugh!
Blowing out the candles! You may wonder what those sucker/lollipop things are... well those would be the remnants of the cake that didn't quite work out. Really the major problem was that my oven is uneven and half the cake was huge and the other well not so much... So I thought instead of throwing the cake away I would make cake pops. They turned out really good! Aunt Amy helped me dip them all in chocolate. They were a fun little added decoration.
Rebekah was very excited to lick the frosting off the candle - I did have to take it away quickly because she really just wanted to eat it.
Just like Jacob's party we had the Wii set up downstairs for all the kids to play. Christy, Coben, Grandma, Rebekah and myself all hung out upstairs while all the boys and Aunt Amy went downstairs for some snacks and games.
Rebekah and her wonderful cousins! It really was a great party. Very low key and fun. We were so happy to have everyone come. Some other friends were going to come but their kids were under the weather so they had to cancel - they actually do have 2 girls too :) We love you little Rebekah! Happy 1st Birthday!

No comments: