
So I know this was day seven in Hawaii... April and I decided to take the kids and go to a beach on the South side of the island - Po'ipu Beach. They had gone on Sunday without us and liked it so we packed up and headed out. On the way we stopped in Kapa'a to get a Starbucks! On the drive from the airport I spotted the green goddess and couldn't wait to stop in at some point:) The only negative thing about this day was while we were driving I was saying something to April about what we should do on our last day (speaking of the next day) and she looked at me and told me that "today" was our last day! I really thought it was Wednesday and we had one more day... It was a bummer. Good thing I didn't stay home!

This beach was gorgeous! I was two different beach areas with a sandbar that went across to a little island when the tide comes in. I tried to take shots all the way around us - this top shot was the water that was behind us. Below was the beach in front of us and to the left in the picture was the island type thing.

Then off to the right was this other shoreline and Doctor Mckenna :) There were hotels lining the beaches in this area and you can see why. The water was gorgeous. There is a reef here that goes out to where you see the rocky island area. So beyond that the waves were huge and there were a lot of surfers that were fun to watch. But on this side of the rocks it was calm and beautiful with lots of fish. Tons of people snorkled and we even saw some little schools of fish right up at the shore.

The older kids could go our and snorkel and my kids could just hang right on the shoreline. There were little tiny waves so Jacob could play and jump around and not worry about getting rolled over by a wave. Then they would all come to warm up and play in the sand together.

Rebekah had fun too! She played in both the sand and the water. Although I think she preferred the water. The sand was a little "dirty" for her. When she'd get it on her hands she would hold them up and want you to clean her off.

This was an amazing tunnel of trees that we had to pass through on our way to the beach. It was really pretty. It reminded me of a picture our friend Tony in England took one time. So now whenever I see something like this I have to get a shot - thanks April!! Rebekah did great on the drive to and from the beach - it was about an hour - so that helped. Although there was a ton of traffic since we were going through the Lihue area which was by the airport and Costco. In fact we had to stop at the "mall" which had a desserted parking lot and we used the little grassy area by the light poles as a pseudo restroom... what are you going to do when you have a car full of kids that really need to go and your stuck in traffic. Desperate times... It was pretty funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment