
Jacki and Dad share the same birthday so we had a little birthday party for them. Papa grilled up some SUPER delicious salmon that David caught in the fall. It was so good... Then we opened up presents. This is always Jacob's favorite part.

Jacki got a new comfy cozy pair of pajamas and a gift certificate for a new hair-do.

Then we all sang, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to..." Ha ha ha - just kidding! Really there were some tears shed but they were happy tears.

Looks like Jacob will have some competition in being the present opening helper! Rebekah was loving taking all the paper out of the bag. In fact she loves to remove anything that is in a bag or a box - it's like a compulsion she has. She will empty things out then move on to the next object of her attention. It's pretty cute.

Sheryl, David and Andrew got Uncle Paul a new steering wheel cover from Cabella's- the Bone Collector with some deer horns on it.

Auntie Stacy got him some William's Sonoma rubs to add to his collection when he bbq's for us.

Rebekah thought those were fun to look at but she really wanted to open them. I do have to just add a little side note in here since this is for history's sake. I have been so spoiled having my dad bbq/grill or whatever you call it. I can hardly eat chicken unless its been cooked on the bbq. I lived on that for about 5 months. Nothing but chicken and it was spring and summer so dad would bbq almost every night. I loved it. I love the flavor. I do not love baking chicken - its too plain. I've been ruined forever. Steaks, salmon, hamburgers, chicken... all ruined forever because of my dad and the bbq.

After presents it was time for the CAKE! Just look at this thing! Thank you Costco! Papa requested a chocolate cake - when we saw this we said - DONE! There it is - perfect!

I think they will both kill me for this picture but it made me laugh - I can just hear Jacki making sure we all know that Paul is a year older than her...

This cracked me up because this whole cake, candle and singing was some serious business for Jacob. He was all over it! He really wanted to blow those candles out in a bad way and we were all laughing and talking and taking way too long for him.

Then there was a lot of smoke so Jacob was trying to clear that out so we could get down to the real business...

Licking the frosting off the candles! Auntie Stacy was happy to oblige.

Rebekah did NOT want to be left out. She was standing there letting everyone know that she wanted to try a bite of that awesome cake. We also had some cheesecake but you can see that I was more concerned with this massive chocolate cake... It did not disappoint. It was very rich but worth it! In fact it took us the rest of the week to eat it.
No comments:
Post a Comment