Monday, December 6, 2010

Flu-A-Palooza 2010

The flu struck our household Thanksgiving evening. It started with me and it was HORRIBLE! I have never just had the plain old flu and really do not ever want it again. Really I am documenting this for posterity's sake so feel free to skip this post and move right along to more fun subjects :) Anyways, I was up all night being sick and Jake had to work Friday so I wrote to my dad on facebook asking him to have my mom come over when she was up to help me with the kids. I checked my email just after Jake left for work and saw that my dad had written back that my mom had been sick all night too... I cried. I was not sure how I'd survive all day with the kids. I prayed - hard! The kids did great. Jacob is pretty self sufficient and luckily only wanted to eat peanut butter toast for breakfast and lunch - I could handle that. Rebekah had a GREAT day and took two naps! Thank you Lord! I laid on the floor and let Rebekah crawl all over me. As long as I could lay down and not move too much I knew we'd make it for Jake to get home. My mom did come over late in the afternoon and we took turns going from the floor to the couch "playing" with Rebekah until the guys got home. Saturday late afternoon Rebekah got it and it was so sad to watch her be sick! Then about 10pm Saturday night - just as Jake was going to bed - Jacob threw up. So our night began... I held Rebekah and Jake sat with Jacob on the couch. This picture was how Rebekah stayed all Saturday and even all day Sunday. She finally was back to normal later in the day Monday. We watched Star Wars and each had a bucket and a towel for both kids. Rebekah stopped being sick around 1am. We had to laugh at all the laundry we were doing all night long and all day Sunday just to have clean towels and bedding! She truly fell asleep and I put her in bed about 3am so I could try to help with Jacob who was still sick. Shortly after 3 we put Jacob in bed with us so we could try to sleep a little. He got sick for the last time about 4am and then slept pretty soundly. Rebekah ate again about 6am and then we all slept until a little after 8am. We thought Jake would be fine but then Monday night he got it. He was in bed until he went back to work Thursday. Thankfully it went through all of us so now we are all better and finally eating normally!

No comments: