Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm 10 months old!

This was us being silly this morning! Jacob is 10 months old today. We can't believe how quickly time has flown by. I know those of you who have children may get tired of new parents saying this but they do change so quickly. Jacob had his nine month appointment Monday (I know it was a tad late) but he weighed in at 22lbs 6 oz (didn't gain too much from his last appointment) but he did grow a little over 2 inches and is now 29 inches tall. He's in between 75-90 percentile for all of his measurements. If you know us then you know which measurement would be the lower side (height of course). Just last night I was talking to my mother in law AKA Mimi in California and I stopped us mid-conversation because Jacob had let go of the ottoman and wanted to go to the couch which was about 4 steps away. He stood there for a second and then wobbled 2 steps out before he leaned a little too far forward and fell down!!! He is such a big boy! He has no fear and should be walking very soon. I'll have to have the video camera out all the time now so I can actually catch these things happening. His Aunt Amy and I have been around when he has "said" Noah and Micah's names (well at least the same inflection in his voice as their names) and we were singing Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes and when I stopped he touched his head and "said" HEAD - so on we sang. He is babbling nonstop which is so fun to listen to. He waves hello and goodbye even if it is sometimes a few minutes later. He also says MORE in sign language when he is eating or sees you eating and wants some of it. We still only have 2 bottom teeth but there are 3 on the top bulging and trying to come out. He says DaDa all the time and when he gets upset he'll say Momma. He talks himself to sleep for every nap and at bedtime - it's seriously is about 20-30 minutes of chatting and laughing until finally it will be silent. So far his favorite foods are well everything you give him but he really loves yogurt and apple seems to be his most favorite. Well I think that's all the big and little stuff I can think of for now. Happy 10 months our little man!!!

1 comment:

the millers said...

happy 10 months little man... congrats to you and jacob also... for being such stellar parents... we have loved watching the little guy grow via the blog... our littlest is 5... talk about growing fast...

we hope we can meet him the next time you are out here...( i know i saw him at costco... but that doesnt count)

mark