Saturday, November 20, 2010

Another FIRST!

Rebekah got her first tooth today! She took at 3 1/2 hour nap Friday afternoon which is NOT normal for her. It was perfect timing because Jacob is potty training and we had a very busy afternoon so it was great to be able to concentrate on him for that long but it was out of character. So when it was time to go to bed we wondered if she would really sleep. We gave the kids a bath and I put her to bed. She was quiet for a little while and then started crying so I went up to see if I could calm her down. NOPE. So I brought her downstairs and we played with her for a while. She started rubbing her eyes and acting tired so I tried to put her to bed again... Nope. She was crying so hard. I felt awful. Nothing we could do would soothe her. I walked her around the living room and she was just in agony. If you followed her story before she has had issues with her tummy and reacting to the foods I eat. I have been adding some dairy back into my diet but nothing crazy. The entire time she was crying and screaming Jake and I were going over everything I have eaten in the past 24 hours and we were coming up with nothing out of the ordinary. After about an hour she was so tired she I don't think she had the strength to keep crying. Jake was standing next to me and she reached out for him. He held her and she got cozy in his arms and actually fell asleep. It was the sweetest thing to watch, especially after the last hour. We finally got her into bed and she stayed asleep. So long story short - she woke up this morning and right after I changed her diaper she smiled at me and I saw that she had cut a bottom tooth!!! Right after I got excited and told daddy and Jacob to come look I immediately started to panic at the thought of how many teeth are still to come. Needless to say I now have teething medicine for her and am now prepared for those little buggers to come in!

No comments: