Monday, November 15, 2010

Jacob's first round of "golf"

Jacob's cousins had this golf set and asked us if we'd like to have it for Jacob. With our backyard we thought Jacob would love it! After we had our picnic lunch on the back porch we went outside so Jacob could play with his new golf clubs.
I was trying to show him how to do it but I was also holding Rebekah so I just let him have fun and "whack" at the ball. He was so funny - wanting to try all the different clubs.
He was confusing it with baseball which was really cracking me up.
He was intrigued with the ball because it has holes in it - I guess we should start with a real golf ball since he doesn't know how to hit it yet and then when he gets good at that we switch over to a "non-window-breaking" ball but oh well :)
This cracked me up! "Mom where did it go?" And it was only a few feet in front of him. I guess we need to watch some golf so he gets the idea and then when spring comes he'll be ready to go! After a while of trying to hit the ball he ran in to get one of the baseball gloves they also so kindly handed down to us and we played catch before it was nap time! While I am excited for winter ~ I am really excited for spring when both kids can run around the back yard and we can all have fun playing outside!

2 comments:

David said...

nice shirt :)

The Owens said...

thought you'd like that :) i debated changing him into a Steelers shirt once i realized i was going to be taking pictures - just kidding :) LOL!