Monday, November 15, 2010

I WON!!

Remember when Jacob and his daddy made the super cool Jimmie Johnson race car pumpkin? Well Jacob won the contest for the favorite pumpkin in the 2-5 age group!
We went into the office to get his picture with the pumpkin one last time. He was not really liking the fact that he made the super cool pumpkin and then had to take it into the chiropractor's office and leave it... Then when he won I had to remind him that the pumpkin was probably needing to be thrown away just like his big pumpkin at home. I had to remind him of the smile on his pumpkin and how it turned into a frown because it was yucky and needed to be thrown away. He still didn't like it but the sting was eased a little when he received his gift card and we told him he could go buy a toy at Walmart (aka 'Nalmart").
He was so excited! We had some other groceries to get at the store but we were reminded every 1/2 second that we needed to go buy Charlie the train with his card so we made that stop first to ease our ears for the rest of the shopping trip. When we got to the check out I let him buy it all on his own. I realized that I use our bank card for pretty much everything and little eyes are watching - he wanted to run his gift card through the credit card machine and then push buttons to make the purchase "official". The clerk was very gracious and played along too. Then the excitement to play with Charlie reached the pinnacle while I was trying to take pictures - I took about 10 just trying to get him to stand still and here are the only 2 decent ones for your viewing pleasure :) Congratulations Jacob! Can't wait to see what you and daddy come up with next year.

1 comment:

Miki said...

looks like daddy!!!