
On Monday my mom and I took the kids to her old work to see everyone. After that we drove down to Ruston Way and ate lunch. This is the place we have to visit every time we go to WA - we LOVE it down there! It's beautiful and there is just something about walking along the water that is so peaceful.

After lunch and the waterfront we drove to Point Defiance and around 5 mile drive. Jacob was asking all sorts of questions as we drove through those huge trees and the "forest" as Jacob called it. We have lots of trees in Pella and in our yard for that matter but this was way more than he'd ever seen. Along the way we kept seeing raccoons and then we came across these four raccoons begging for food from a stopped car. Jacob thought it was so funny watching them - they were even standing up on their back legs and really begging.

Both kids fell asleep as we left the park so we decided to drive across Narrows Bridge. My mom was lucky enough to do the Sound to Narrows walk across the bridge after the second one was built but I had not seen the completed bridges. It was so nice to not have traffic! We drove to Gig Harbor and around town then headed over to Trader Joe's. I was SO excited to go to Trader Joe's and we just found out they are putting one in Des Moines - Yahoo!!!

Jacob woke up after Trader Joe's on the "wrong side of the carseat". He was really grouchy which I can't blame him. We got some goodies and then headed home. Rebekah made it until about 5 minutes from home before she lost it. Needless to say we spent all our good fortune that day - Rebekah had a terrible night and so from that day on I didn't go anywhere with her. We just hung at the house - it wasn't worth her being stuck in her carseat and then being in pain later. Jacob - well he was such a trooper being all thrown off so I tried to make sure he was home to take naps the rest of the week. All in all this was a fun day and I'm glad we got it all done at once so I didn't have to go anywhere else :)
No comments:
Post a Comment