Sunday, June 14, 2009

Picket Fence Creamery

Today we went to Picket Fence Creamery in Woodward, Iowa. They were having an Open House today with free ice cream testing and some package specials on the meat they sell. It was about a little over an hour drive but it went quickly.
They had 3 calves for people to pet - this was Nina. Did you know cows do not have front teeth on the top? I didn't know that! Did you know that a cows tongue feels just like a cat's tongue - sandpaper? Yep, it does! They do not tear the grass of with their teeth they grab it and tear it with their tongues!
Grandpa and Nina became fast friends! They really like to have their heads scratched. It was pretty funny! Then while mom and I went into the store Grandpa, Jake and Jacob walked around and of course ended back up by the calves. We got so many goodies while we were there - homemade raspberry crisp and their homemade vanilla ice cream, 5 lbs of farm raised organic hamburger, 1lb of top sirloin steaks, 1lb of organic elk breakfast sausage, 1lb of buffalo hot dogs, 1 bottle of this amazing sauce for all kinds of meat and some beef sticks from Pella of all places. YUMMMYYYY!!! Can't wait to taste it all.
Oh yeah I also got a huge basil plant and a mint plant - Jake was just talking about how his grandma used to grow mint in her backyard and she would make sun tea and add in mint from the backyard - so I was really excited when I saw the mint plant!! Can't wait to make some tea now! Oh and we ate some of the hamburger which was incredible and so clean tasting AND we had the raspberry crisp and vanilla ice cream! Oh My Word!!!!!! Awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I love the toddle-walking photos :-) So precious. Happy Father's Day to Jake, too!