Saturday, July 9, 2011

A walk in the park...

And our Annual Tulip picture taking trip... I wish I had an awesome excuse for taking these pictures when they are almost dead but really I don't. Just being sick and not getting there in time.. lame! But oh well here we go. These first two pictures really sum up how it went LOL! I asked Jacob to hold Rebekah's hand so I could get a few cute pictures. He is trying really hard and she is pulling her arm away and trying to run away from him - yep that was how it went :)
This one is just a funny one that I snuck in to remember the day - my mom was with me and we were rushing to get to an appointment first - we got there only to find out I was about 2 hours early - ooops! So I tried to take a few pictures just where they were and then we headed to the park.
I tried to re-create the cutest picture I had of Jacob at this age in front of some tulips - it's HERE
It may have worked if these tulips weren't dying :) Sorry Rebekah!! Next year we'll get it right! She was not smiling for me but she was smelling those flowers and they way she smells is pretty cute - She crinkles up her nose and puckers her lips and smells really loudly through her nose - so this was a lot more funny to watch than to get a picture of.
After we let her touch them one time she wanted to "pick" all of them :) Grandma was such a huge help with supervising while I was just trying to get any pictures to turn out decent.
Once again - Rebekah trying to run away from Jacob... I sense a theme...
Although anytime she can act "big" like her brother she may sit still for a second...
Ok I am trying to tell a little story here and I'm realizing that blogger has these pictures all out of order so we'll just do quick captions. I loved this picture for two reasons - I was trying to get Jacob to "pose" with a good smile for me to no avail and yet here he is in the background with the cutest little grin on his face when I'm trying to get a picture of Rebekah - who is way more concerned with touching and picking at the flower than doing any sort of smile for me. Hilarious!
This picture just showed the pretty park - it's the Sunken Garden park and the little pond in the background is the shape of a wooden shoe. It's my favorite park to go to when you just want a little quiet and a beautiful view. I really do not go that often with the kids because there are not toys to play with so usually we are at the "play" parks but this one is still my favorite.
This one cracked me up because Jacob was trying to get his hands in his pockets to walk. I love it when he does that! He tries to be so grown up and sometimes he'll get them in his pockets and then walk around all serious and quiet. It doesn't last long before he's cracking up but it's so fun to watch.
This one was supposed to be way up there but I just loved catching him looking around when he didn't know I was going to take his picture. He is the most handsome little man! He is getting so big!!! And just to show you how much time is flying by just look at last year's pictures HERE

No comments: