Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day 2011
We had a good day - breakfast in bed for daddy and then a good naptime for everyone and a fun dinner at Grandma & Papa' house!

Jake got some fun money from Grandma & Papa and then we pulled off a BIG surprise for him!
I had a friend who won this signed Kyle Busch helmet and she sold it to us for very cheap! Kyle is Jake's favorite NASCAR driver - it was so awesome! Although I did feel bad because he had a split second of hope that maybe I was surprising him with the iPAD 2...

Even though it was not the iPad he was hoping for Jake really was surprised and happy with the helmet. Even if it does mean we really need to clean out the old nursery and make it a man-cave so he has a place to display it :) Jacob thougth the helmet was pretty cool too! I did not tell him before hand because the poor boy can NOT keep a secret! He was just as excited when daddy opened the gift.
Jacob was VERY excited for Father's Day! In fact he asked me every day for 2 weeks if it was "Father's Day" yet. He wanted to get Papa and Daddy a light saber for Father's Day. So we bought them a few weeks before... that was pretty much a mistake but a funny one. He almost told Daddy quite a few times and he really did pester me every day about when he could give the present to his Daddy! Needless to say he had a great time waiting for Daddy and Papa to open their presents!


The funnier (is that even a word) part was the color issue - he wanted to give Papa the green light saber because that was Yoda's and Papa was old like Yoda!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!! And Daddy got the blue light saber because he was the younger Jedi. I love the how the mind thinks at this age!

Rebekah didn't really care what was going on - she just loved "helping" everyone open their presents! Grandma got Papa a fun Marine's spatula to use when he bbq's - which is quite often!


And then the fun cards we made for Daddy for Father's Day! I loved this saying!! So true and so beautiful!
and the fun card from the kids is below! This was a wonderful Father's Day! Jake is the best daddy to our kids and I so look forward to the many more to come! We love you Daddy!!!


No comments: