
Ok well blogger is putting pictures out of order but you will get the idea :) This is Pella's 4th of July parade. It was HOT but I think it was cooler than last year. As you can see the main 'draw' to the parade is the candy! We did sat further down the route and didn't get as much as last year but being a mom know I'm ok with that!! Ha Ha Ha... And you can see what their favorite candy is!

I think this picture should have summed up the day... Mom, I'm H-O-T!

The kids were VERY excited to watch Papa in the parade - He was at the very beginning and carrying a flag. He has gotten pretty involved with the military groups around the area. He was invited with the Purple Heart group to go to a document signing for a Purple Heart Day... I think that is what it was for... I may be editing this caption :)

The Shriners had these funny little cars that the kids thought were hilarious.

UNTIL they started honking their horns. Jacob was not so much a fan of that noise. I caught him mid wave when a guy honked and he gave him this look - it was kind of funny. The guy saw his reaction and said he was sorry. We all had a good laugh.

Here is the picture that should have been up above of the whole group walking at the beginning of the parade.

Since Papa was at the beginning he was able to walk back to us and sit. It was hard to cool off but we had lots of drinks and just kept trying to push the fluids.

I'm Hot!

Just a glimpse of the fun Jacob was having!
No comments:
Post a Comment