Thursday, September 2, 2010

A MAJOR 1ST!!!

It took me a few days to post this but we have come across a MAJOR 1st in the Owens household. Monday, August 30th, it was a beautiful day outside so I called Grandma and asked if she would want to venture on a walk with us. I figured if I took someone else and Rebekah had a little meltdown at least I could carry her and not have to worry about pushing the stroller too. We set out to walk to the bank in town and then have some lunch in town and walk back. Since this is all for documentation sake I'll give a little background - Rebekah is the sweetest little thing but we have had a tough start. She has had a hard time with most foods I eat so I have had to stick to a pretty strict and bland diet. She has been adjusted by a chiropractor probably more than most people have in their entire lives but between the diet and the adjustments we have a wonderful little girl! She really likes her mommy which is wonderful and hard all at the same time. We have been trying to find a schedule but she really just kind of fell into a pattern that we are hoping we can build on and this has just happened in the past 3 weeks. So needless to say the last thing I have wanted to do is venture out and about. But because the past 2 weeks had gone fairly well I thought I would give it a try. I put her in the stroller seat and she arched her back and started to fuss (did I mention she despises being in her carseat - I'm talking full fledged turning purple screaming fits even if it's just a few miles) so immediately I thought we were going to have to scrap that and try the carrier or just hand carry her. I needed to get out of the house! But I hurried and strapped her in and started walking and she quieted down right away. In fact it was her nap time and I thought she might go to sleep but she was so intrigued by her brother next to her and all the stuff she was looking at that she stayed awake and happy the entire 2 hours we were out! Her eyes were so heavy after we ate lunch while I was holding her but she didn't want to miss out on anything. I put her back in to walk home and she fought for a second and finally passed out on the way home. I was so excited! If she stays like this then we will really be able to get out now that the weather is cooling down! I have so missed being outside and walking and I can't wait for the Fall! So here are a few pictures of our little girl sleeping!

No comments: