Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's Daddy's Birthday!

Jacob and I got up and made a little early breakfast for daddy and Jacob made him a special "card" too. He was so excited!! We tried to let daddy sleep in a little bit but Jacob couldn't wait to give daddy his presents... translated he got daddy a Kyle Busch M&M Monster Truck and couldn't wait for daddy to open it so he could play with it :)
We opened a few presents at home and mom came over and we made a big brunch then had a little nap time and with it being such a beautiful day we walked over to Grandma and Papa's house for dinner, dessert and more presents.
Grandma and Papa gave Jake some money for him to buy some goodies in Kansas City next weekend for the NASCAR race and a Starbucks gift card!
We got Daddy a new portfolio/notepad holder with his name and the Steeler's logo on it - it's actually made out of 'pigskin' and feels just like football.
And right out of the bag was very STINKY! Jacob kept smelling it and saying Stinky and waving his arms - it was really funny.
Auntie Stacy sent Daddy a Steeler's Mr. Potato Head! Perfect!!
And he really needed a new pair of sandals since he got his before we moved here to Pella - 3 1/2 years ago! Man time flies when you are having fun :)
Jacob picked out a skateboard birthday balloon for daddy so Grandma tied it on the birthday chair for daddy to sit in :)
Jacob and I made an ice cream cake last night for daddy and he couldn't wait to blow out the candles so he could EAT some of it! We love you Jake and thank you so much for all that you do for us! You work so hard so that I can stay home with our children who look up to you and adore you! They both light up when they hear your voice! You are an excellent father and I am so blessed at at the example you set for our son and I pray that he will take after you when he gets married! And I know as Rebekah grows up she will have a hard time looking for a man that will meet up to her expectations when she compares him to you :) I couldn't be more proud of you! Happy Birthday Baby!

No comments: