
Boo! Did I scare you? No?

I know how can this cute face be scary! Jake had wanted Jacob to be a skeleton but I ran out of time to make it and even bought a different costume on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday my mom and I were in Des Moines at Babies R Us and this was on the sale rack for $2.50! Can you believe it!

It is a super cozy sweat suit. Friday ended up being a super nice day so we waited until the last minute and put this on him and then took some pictures - I think he lasted for maybe 2 or 3 trick or treaters and then he went to bed.

It was pretty funny and he had a good time with his little (Easter) basket. We did not have very many trick or treaters but it was still fun. We thought it was fun to dress him up for his 1st Halloween but never intended for him to actually trick or treat - for a few years anyways. Imagine our surprise when we see this couple (don't think they were from around here) wheeling there baby in the stroller up to the door (on the grass no less - because of our stairs) and hand me the bag to put candy in. I said, "Wow I'm surprised she is still awake - our baby went to sleep a while ago" The lady says "Yeah she usually falls asleep as soon as we start walking". I had a hard time not saying anything more. I just put 'A' piece of candy in there and shut the door and saved my comments for inside. Although our first trick or treater did make us laugh - I opened the door just as he got up the steps and he said "Oh No - You opened the door!" So I said "I'm sorry do you want me to close it" to which he says "Yes". So I close the door and he rings the doorbell and we start all over. His mom was a little emabarrassed but we both just started laughing. Not quite as funny of a story as last year - there was this little boy dressed like a dinosaur who came to the door - he walked up and said "ROAR" - then he hurried and pulled up his mask and said "Don't be scared - I'm not a real dinosaur - my name is "bob" and I'm 3 years old" It was hilarious!!!
3 comments:
That is the cutest skeleton I've ever seen!
love the costume...
He is adorable! What a great deal too!
Amy
Post a Comment