Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What a way to wake up...

This is the view off the back porch at Linda and Steve's house. It is a little cove off Lake Mattoon in Illinois. This is my first time here and I can't wait for Jake to come here! I know he will love waking up like this. Just a beautiful and peaceful place. I will take another picture out too the lake after the sun goes up a little more. We are really out in the boonies. Last night we went to get some McDonald's and it was a little over 10 miles away. Through some corn fields and country roads and there it was. I like living in a small town but I think this is a little too small for my blood. But it is so beautiful. I may venture into Effingham today (mainly because I think the name is stinking hilarious!). I hear they have a Starbucks!!! and we need a few things from the store. So stay tuned...

1 comment:

the millers said...

very cool pictures... too bad its not warm enough to swim... i would love to have that view to wake up too every morning...


hope your time there is relaxing and fun... gotta love the country...