We drove all day today to get to Illinois to visit Cousin Linda. It was a very pretty drive and Jacob did very well (maybe because Grandma sat in the back with him). I love to travel and this is my first time in Illinois. In fact we crossed over the Mississippi River. We were coming up to a huge bridge and I said WOW look at this river and my mom said Oh that's the Mississippi - Well I was driving and couldn't believe she didn't warn me so I could take a picture. It was amazing! Although on the other side was the devastation from the flooding this spring and summer. They were demolishing the homes that were in the lowlands on one side of the highway and the other side was still a muddy mess. As for this picture - it reminded me of our friend Tony in England. He had taken a picture of a road that had trees all around it. This is the road that our Cousin and her husband live off of. I will post pictures from the porch that over looks the lake tomorrow...stay tuned.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Illinois Travels
We drove all day today to get to Illinois to visit Cousin Linda. It was a very pretty drive and Jacob did very well (maybe because Grandma sat in the back with him). I love to travel and this is my first time in Illinois. In fact we crossed over the Mississippi River. We were coming up to a huge bridge and I said WOW look at this river and my mom said Oh that's the Mississippi - Well I was driving and couldn't believe she didn't warn me so I could take a picture. It was amazing! Although on the other side was the devastation from the flooding this spring and summer. They were demolishing the homes that were in the lowlands on one side of the highway and the other side was still a muddy mess. As for this picture - it reminded me of our friend Tony in England. He had taken a picture of a road that had trees all around it. This is the road that our Cousin and her husband live off of. I will post pictures from the porch that over looks the lake tomorrow...stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love the "country road " picture...
have a great time...
Post a Comment