Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Quick Update


Just a quick update on what's happening in our fun world. Jake and I have both celebrated our birthdays in the past week - Thank you for all the birthday wishes! On Jake's birthday Jacob was indifferent to his pacifier. On Saturday it became official - he wants absolutely nothing to do with it. Saturday was a rough night (and yes we tried the pacifier a few times to no avail) but he eventually fell asleep. Ever since then he has gotten much better at falling asleep ~ he might fuss for a few minutes but then he falls right asleep. I have to say this is one thing that was hanging over our heads. The dread of how we were going to take it away and then poof one day he's just done with it. What a blessing!!! And then today - I had a dentist appointment and Jacob went shopping with Aunt Amy and Mimi. They had him for over 3 hours - of course he was happy as clam walking around Target with them. Aunt Amy got him some really cool socks and a fun toy. I was a bit of a mess but I did get the house cleaned in record time so the time passed by quickly. So all that to say that on the way home from Amy's house Jacob was in the backseat saying Da Da Da Da over and over. He is army crawling all over the place and making lots of new noises and sounds (just ask the people sitting by us at the football game). All in all he is such a good boy and truly makes both of us smile and laugh all the time. That's the major (and minor) happenings in our world. Hope you all have a good day!

2 comments:

the millers said...

he is too young to lose the "paci"... isnt he?

just joking... he is growing so quickly... and what a cutie... congrats on the busy, eventful week....

God Made Playdough said...

I found your blog through your Facebook. It's so great to catch up on your life since I haven't seen you in forever! :) My youngest was born in March, maybe she'll be on the move soon too!
I love your library widget on the side. there are some great books in there. Have you read "The Gospel Primer" by Milton Vincent (Focus Publishing)? It is amazing!
I'll try to catch up with you more on Facebook. Come to my blog and see my girls! Ryan and some friends from church have one too (outofthemireyclay.com). I just talked to Aaron and Kristin Peterson the other day and told them about your blog! :)
(this is Amy (Emrich) Wood)