Friday, June 20, 2008

4 month check

I forgot to do a little blurb about Jacob's 4 month check from last week. He is doing great. He weighed in at 17lbs 12 oz (which was smaller than we all thought). He measured almost 26 inches. I think they called it 25 3/4 inches officially. His head finally grew into the same percentile as the rest of his body so he is in the 90-97th percentile for all of his measurements. All in all he looks good and is growing fine. He said we could try to introduce the rice if we wanted to but in general he says he likes it if you breastfeed exclusively for at least 6 months. Since that was our original plan I think we'll stick to that. Now for the next transition we are going to try to introduce a bottle. I think it would be great if Jake could have a turn at feeding and it would be great if grandma and grandpa could enjoy feeding him too. So we'll keep you all posted on how that goes. We are also going to transition him to his crib after this weekend. He has been in the pack-n-play bassinet in our room but now that he is older and sleep entirely through the night its time to have our room back and its time for him to enjoy his crib and room. We'll let you know how all of this goes :) We'll keep our fingers crossed. Bye for now !

No comments: