Monday, May 5, 2008

First Outfit

This was one of the outfits that Amy, Miki and myself bought the day we found out that I was pregnant. Amy and I were in North Carolina helping Miki with her new baby Madison and I took the pregnancy test as a joke. Well it said "pregnant" and we all got excited. There was a song by Rodney Atkins that I wanted to play for Jake so we started on our hunt. It was quite a search but we found the CD and bought this little outfit and got our plan on how to tell Jake. We decided we would tell him when all the boys picked us up from the airport. Amy had the CD in her purse and when we got in the car she put it on to the song. I gave Jake a bag that had a Starbucks mug in it with a little diaper and this outfit stuffed in it. He opened it and was sort of looking at us like "what". Then he heard the song and do believe he just rested his head in his hand and sat there. Meanwhile all the nephews were trying to figure it out and then they all started cheering and getting excited. See, I knew that Jake would be more stunned than excited so it was nice to do it in front of the family so that they could all cheer and Jake wouldn't feel bad for not being excited. We all went to Red Robin after that and celebrated. Jake was pretty much in shock the rest of the night. But now he is a wonderful daddy!! Jacob hears him come in and turns his head to find his voice. He loves his dad and laughs at him. In fact Jake and Jacob were "boxing" last night and Jacob couldn't stop laughing at his daddy moving his arms. It is shocking how fast they grow up. And he's only 2 1/2 months old. Anyways, all that to say this is that outfit and its finally hot enough for him to wear it but he's really too long to really wear it much longer!!

No comments: