
Mimi and Papa came to visit and we spent the day with them yesterday. We had lunch downtown and then came back to the house. Papa is a very handy guy and when he visits he is always willing to help us with projects!! Thank you Papa! He and Jake helped put the finishing touches on Rebekah's room! Well you can see how the workload went... Jake might have done a little more goofing around than helping but either way they got the job done and it looks beautiful!

This is not only Rebekah's room but also a spare room for guests. You can see the lamp below that I saw at Target and knew immediately I wanted it to be the inspiration for miss Rebekah's room! Then we found 2 curtain panels at Lowe's on clearance that I thought would look great! I still have to figure out what to do to cover the rest of the windows but for now they are framed beautifully :) Much better than the pillowcases that usually adorn the windows.

Just a little close up of the curtains.

We used our old mattresses when we bought new ones for our room and I found this bed frame at a garage sale for .50 cents! I mean really people - .50 cents! Jake worked his magic with a can of spray paint and for about $5 we have a guest bed ready for whoever wants to come visit :)

After the guys worked hard hanging up the curtain rod they went to get the oil changed in Papa's car and we were all tired from "supervising" so we chilled out downstairs and watched some Tom & Jerry for a little while. Jacob and Mimi were cracking each other up!

Then we went over to my mom & dad's house for dinner. I realized when I was putting these pictures on that there were none of Mimi and Rebekah. The reason for that is poor Mimi was trying to take care of Rebekah while she was being very fussy and I was getting dinner ready. Rebekah will wine much less and sometimes not at all if she can not see me so I didn't want to make it worse by taking pictures of Mimi playing with her and snuggling with her the entire time I was cooking. Thank you Mimi!! I will take some of you guys on Monday night!

She loved her Papa! He was making her giggle and she loved to snuggle with him.

Look at those chunky little cheeks and those "turkey thighs" as Mimi called them. It's been so nice to have them here. It's fun to hear from Mimi how much Rebekah looks like her daddy and Aunt Amy. She said her face looks like both Amy and Jake but her thighs look like her Aunt Amy's did when she was a baby! Too cute!! We loved seeing you and spending time with you! Can't wait to see you again.
No comments:
Post a Comment