
If you remember from last year (
see here if you don't) Pella has an annual Tulip Festival with thousands of tulips planted all over town. You can go dig up the bulbs after the festival is over. So I packed up little Jacob and away we went. I was not sure if it would work but as you can see - we have TULIPS!! I was so dilgent with keeping all the colors seperate so we could plant them in different areas and have the same colors - WELL - I didn't get them cleaned up until way after the flowers had all fallen off and then we had no clue what bulb was what color so when we planted them we tried to mix them all up. We'll see how it goes. Funny how I thought there were so many when I was digging them up but really it was only one straight line in our front "flower bed". I say flower bed very loosely because the most neglected part of our house is our yard. It is on our 'to-do' list so we'll get there eventually but at least this year we have flowers in the front yard. In fact we always apologize to the neighbor across the street - she is a retired teacher and is ALWAYS in her yard making it perfect. We get to enjoy looking at her yard and the poor lady has to suffer staring at ours. But this year we will have some color! Yeah!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment