Sunday, May 9, 2010

Rebekah at 4 weeks

I think it's really hard to get pictures of newborns without their faces looking all funky so this is the best I've gotten lately. She's 4 weeks old in this picture :) She is really growing so big! She's already growing out of her 0-3 month clothes and of course the 3-6 months are just a little too big but they are more comfy. She smiles all the time, especially at her daddy and brother and if you get her going she'll 'coo' a little bit. She has had a rough start with colic but we are getting her adjusted and the gas drops and now this new Gripe Water seem to really be helping. She is also starting to sleep better which is a blessing to me! I am finally feeling like I am out of the fog of no sleep and have pretty much completely recovered from the surgery. In fact I was finally allowed to vacuum the house this week and that felt great! If Rebekah keeps improving we may be able to get back to a more normal life! She went through a period of time that she had to be held all the time and that is starting to go away now. It's been quite the adjustment because she is the total opposite of Jacob. I have to really pick and choose where we go and it's almost impossible to go anywhere without help because she could have an episode (crying fit) at anytime so we've been home bound a lot. We know it won't last forever and she really has been showing signs of improvement so we are trying to keep our chins up and just sleep when we can! It's been so nice that my mom has been able to come over during her lunch hours and just sit with her so I can sleep or shower or just get something done around the house. In fact the only way I am updating this blog right now is my mom is here and Jake, Jacob and my dad are outside getting ready to BBQ for lunch. I guess I could do it when she goes to bed at night but by then we're exhausted and follow right behind her. I don't know what we would do without family here to help. So that about sums up the 4 week update :)

No comments: