

So what do these two numbers have in common you ask? Well about a week and a half ago Jacob decided to sleep through the night. YES, ALL NIGHT! When I woke up Saturday morning I really thought this is what engorgement must be like. I never really had any pains or problems once my milk came in but when Jacob decided to skip the usual middle of the night feeding I felt it! Needless to say I was so excited that the pain didn't really matter. So from that night on he has slept through the night. In fact this week he is really ready to go about 9 hours. So we'll keep you posted on that.
Now what is so special about the number 15. Well, we had Jacobs 2 month appointment on Friday and that is the magic weigh in number! Yes, he is a 15 pound
23 inch baby. He grew 2 inches and gained 6 pounds in 8 weeks. He is healthy and happy thank goodness. The doctor wasn't too surprised since he was 9lbs at birth. He just said don't let him trick you into feeding him in the middle of the night unless its a rare occasion like he's sick or a growth spurt. Everything looked good and it was a quick appointment just weigh & measure and check all the body parts and we were out of there. I promise I do not feed him all the time - he really does only eat about every 3 hours. Sometimes its 2 1/2 and sometimes its 4 hours but that is slowly starting to even out to 3-4 hours apart. We are now just concentrating on feed-wake-sleep and stretching out the feedings so that he is really hungry and not just snacking. So we'll keep you posted on that progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment