This was a very long night for me! I know its such a first mom thing but I barely slept. He loves his bed!!! Thank you to the McKenna's for all the "fixin's"! I kept checking on him but he slept solid all night long. I heard him talking to himself at about 3am but he went back to sleep. So now he sleeps from about 8:30pm until 7am. He was getting up at 5am and I'd feed him and he'd go back to sleep until almost 9am but now he is sleeping in longer. I enjoyed going back to sleep on some days and being able to sleep in a little bit but this is a better schedule. He gets up at 7am and eats. Then he plays for a little bit while I get ready. We go for a long walk before it gets too hot in the day. Then we come home and he takes a morning nap. Then up and plays, Jake comes home for lunch, he plays a little more and takes an afternoon nap for a few hours. This gives me time to get dinner going and get stuff done around the house. Then he's up and Jake comes home. We eat dinner and get that all cleaned up. By now its almost 7pm and Jacob is getting into his sort of fussy time - not really grouchy but more fighting sleep. So we've gotten into a habit of going for a walk at about 7:30pm and Jacob loves it. He loves to look around and see what's happening and he thinks that Buster is hilarious when he walks. He mostly laughs at him. Then he gets a bath we read some books and he eats and goes nighty night! Now this has worked for a few days so we'll see how it changes and evolves....stay tuned.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
His Own Bed!
This was a very long night for me! I know its such a first mom thing but I barely slept. He loves his bed!!! Thank you to the McKenna's for all the "fixin's"! I kept checking on him but he slept solid all night long. I heard him talking to himself at about 3am but he went back to sleep. So now he sleeps from about 8:30pm until 7am. He was getting up at 5am and I'd feed him and he'd go back to sleep until almost 9am but now he is sleeping in longer. I enjoyed going back to sleep on some days and being able to sleep in a little bit but this is a better schedule. He gets up at 7am and eats. Then he plays for a little bit while I get ready. We go for a long walk before it gets too hot in the day. Then we come home and he takes a morning nap. Then up and plays, Jake comes home for lunch, he plays a little more and takes an afternoon nap for a few hours. This gives me time to get dinner going and get stuff done around the house. Then he's up and Jake comes home. We eat dinner and get that all cleaned up. By now its almost 7pm and Jacob is getting into his sort of fussy time - not really grouchy but more fighting sleep. So we've gotten into a habit of going for a walk at about 7:30pm and Jacob loves it. He loves to look around and see what's happening and he thinks that Buster is hilarious when he walks. He mostly laughs at him. Then he gets a bath we read some books and he eats and goes nighty night! Now this has worked for a few days so we'll see how it changes and evolves....stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment