So where were you at 2 am? We were having a party and no one showed up - well no one except one of our BAT friends!!! You read that right! Ava was pacing around our bed for awhile when Jake got up and got a drink of water. Well when he went into the dining room he saw the bat flying around the living room. He wakes me up when he was trying to get the dogs into our room and shut the door and turned on the light saying something about "there's a bat out there". I really just wanted to roll over and go back to sleep because it was 2am for crying out loud and we stayed up until almost midnight. Uggghhhh!!! So he gets dressed and me being the nice and supportive wife told him "Good Luck" and snuggled deeper under the covers! I hear a lot of commotion in the other room and a door slamming - at that point I thought oh good he got him! Then Jacob wake up screaming. My first thought was maybe it was the door or the bat was upstairs - but then I just waited and Jake came in and said the he lost the bat. He said he was by the back door so he was holding the door open in hopes that he'd just go out - but that was a pipe dream. So he got the essential Bat Catching Tools (i.e. fishing net, bbq tongs, flashlight, hat and gloves) and then lost him. So then I finally got up because the baby was still awake and I knew I'd need to go up and try to get him calm and put him back to bed.
So about 45 minutes later we had the baby back to sleep but still could not find the bat. So we thought we'd turn out the lights and wait in the living room to see if he'd come out. At this point I was awake so I grabbed the book I have been reading and plopped on the couch and read. Jake was trying to get the dogs to find it but they were no help at all. We waited until a little after 3am then just said forget it lets go back to bed. We even brought the dogs in our room and had them sleep on our bed because maybe if the bat came in our room it would wake them up which would wake us up. So we try to go to sleep but every little noise we'd say "What's that? Did you hear that?". Then it felt like Groundhog Day - Jake shuts the door and flips on the light and has an evil grin and says "I knew he'd come back out - I'm getting him this time!". Again being the supportive wife that I am (LOL) I snuggled back in the covers and said something like - That's right baby go get him! You can do it! Then I grabbed my book and started reading again. I hear several swipes of the net as it hit the ground and Jake came in and had huge eyes! He said the bat was over the TV and every time he'd walk close the bat would move his head and look at him. Again being the supportive wife I said something like Keep the door shut when you leave and you can do it - you're a lot bigger than him - and don't open the door to wide when you go back out! Then a few minutes later I hear Jake calling my name so I get out of bed and barely open the door and Jake says that I need to go open the door for him because he got him. So finally at 4:15am we were back in bed and wide awake and Jake said call the Bat Guy first thing in the morning! I laughed at how it felt like having a newborn again - you go to bed and by the time you fall asleep you have to wake up then by the time you get everything done and all settled back into bed the baby is ready to eat again. Needless to say when the alarm went off this morning we both groaned! And so the exterminator will be here hopefully by the end of the week and we can be done with our 2am parties! Sorry you all missed out on the fun! Hope you had a good night's sleep :)
So about 45 minutes later we had the baby back to sleep but still could not find the bat. So we thought we'd turn out the lights and wait in the living room to see if he'd come out. At this point I was awake so I grabbed the book I have been reading and plopped on the couch and read. Jake was trying to get the dogs to find it but they were no help at all. We waited until a little after 3am then just said forget it lets go back to bed. We even brought the dogs in our room and had them sleep on our bed because maybe if the bat came in our room it would wake them up which would wake us up. So we try to go to sleep but every little noise we'd say "What's that? Did you hear that?". Then it felt like Groundhog Day - Jake shuts the door and flips on the light and has an evil grin and says "I knew he'd come back out - I'm getting him this time!". Again being the supportive wife that I am (LOL) I snuggled back in the covers and said something like - That's right baby go get him! You can do it! Then I grabbed my book and started reading again. I hear several swipes of the net as it hit the ground and Jake came in and had huge eyes! He said the bat was over the TV and every time he'd walk close the bat would move his head and look at him. Again being the supportive wife I said something like Keep the door shut when you leave and you can do it - you're a lot bigger than him - and don't open the door to wide when you go back out! Then a few minutes later I hear Jake calling my name so I get out of bed and barely open the door and Jake says that I need to go open the door for him because he got him. So finally at 4:15am we were back in bed and wide awake and Jake said call the Bat Guy first thing in the morning! I laughed at how it felt like having a newborn again - you go to bed and by the time you fall asleep you have to wake up then by the time you get everything done and all settled back into bed the baby is ready to eat again. Needless to say when the alarm went off this morning we both groaned! And so the exterminator will be here hopefully by the end of the week and we can be done with our 2am parties! Sorry you all missed out on the fun! Hope you had a good night's sleep :)
2 comments:
i slept great ... thanks...
Mark im going to call you next time im up catching a bat in the house
jake
Post a Comment