Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My dear friend...

This is my dear friend, Kathy Keller. We met at The Master's College in California a L-O-N-G time ago... Ha Ha Ha! We were two of six girls in an offsite apartment my first year at Masters. We became very good friends. I moved back to WA after that first year at Masters but I didn't want to be in WA anymore. I loved living in California and wanted to move back. I got in touch with Kathy and she was looking for a roommate so we moved in together for another 3 years or so. I got married and Kathy left just after that for missions work in Tanzania. She is on home assignment right now and happened to be visiting a church in Kansas City so I was able to go down and spend a few days with her. It was wonderful!!
I arrived around dinner time on Sunday at her host families house. It was a beautiful home and they were a very gracious couple. We ate dinner with them and then were able to catch up on all the years that have passed. Around 7:30pm a girl from the church Kathy was visiting picked us up and took us to a little town called Waldo. Jeanette is such a great lady and we had a great time talking with her. She introduced us to this great little cafe that serves fresh homemade gelato! It was delicious!! Then about 9:30pm she had mentioned that there was a little pizza place next door that is known for it's good pizza. We were not starving but thought it would be fun to keep talking so we went in and sampled some of their delicious pizza. We got home some time after 11pm and talked until after 1am. It was like old times and so wonderful! The next day we met with some people at the church for lunch and then the family we were staying with wanted to treat us to a pedicure! It was so fun - we got Starbucks and were able to spend out last hour being pampered and talking some more. I left in the early evening to head home but had such a wonderful time! It is so nice when you can spend quality time with a dear friend! Thank you Kathy for making this work! And thank you to my husband and family for helping take care of Jacob so that I could have this special time!

3 comments:

the millers said...

what a great time it sounds like you had... glad you could have it...

: )

gutmanfam said...

I'm so glad you got to spend some time with her! She hung out at our house for part of a day, but it's hard to really talk with so many little listening ears! Wish I could have been there with you ... I miss you!!!

The Owens said...

I miss you too Carol!! It was very fun :) Maybe one of these years that she comes home we can all have a little "reunion"! I'll have to see when that will be next time - my next baby should be old enough by then I think!! Tell Audie hello please!