Ok I know it has been a very LONG time since I have updated the blog. I promise to get some new stuff on this weekend! I am finally feeling like a human again - well a human with a basketball in my belly :) I am really much bigger this time around than I was with Jacob. I am not as sick as I was with Jacob but still sick enough to cause life to stand still for a while. Today we are 13 weeks along. We have a doctor appointment Monday and if he still thinks I am measuring a lot ahead we have an ultrasound appointment for next Friday. So we'll see :)
We have had a TON of things happening since I last posted. My parents are both officially here in Iowa and living with us. It has been such a blessing. As you may know my dad arrived about a month before my mom did. He and Jake saved the day in the Owens household. They cooked and cleaned and took care of Jacob while I was on the couch trying to remind myself that this pregnancy wasn't as bad as Jacob's so it is better. It worked sometimes but most of the time I just tried to close my eyes and fall asleep hoping I would wake up and feel better. I knew it would come to an end at some point so that was encouraging. My mom started a job the day after she arrived and is working full time. She does enjoy it but it was a few weeks before she felt settled in. We have done a ton of house hunting but have not found the "right" house yet. They may decide to wait until spring when there are more choices so we'll see.
Sports have started with our nephews! That has been so much fun - we have been to Micah's soccer game and Noah's 8th grade football game and Saturday (aka Jake's birthday) we will go to Jonah's football game. Jonah's games are a little over an hour away and on Saturdays so until I felt like I could make the long journey we held off. This past week I have been feeling MUCH better so we will take the trip finally! I've been dying to go:) After that we'll have Jake's birthday dinner at the Sinclair's house. So we should have some fun pictures and then I'll try to get back to regular blogging.
So stay tuned and thank you for being patient!
We have had a TON of things happening since I last posted. My parents are both officially here in Iowa and living with us. It has been such a blessing. As you may know my dad arrived about a month before my mom did. He and Jake saved the day in the Owens household. They cooked and cleaned and took care of Jacob while I was on the couch trying to remind myself that this pregnancy wasn't as bad as Jacob's so it is better. It worked sometimes but most of the time I just tried to close my eyes and fall asleep hoping I would wake up and feel better. I knew it would come to an end at some point so that was encouraging. My mom started a job the day after she arrived and is working full time. She does enjoy it but it was a few weeks before she felt settled in. We have done a ton of house hunting but have not found the "right" house yet. They may decide to wait until spring when there are more choices so we'll see.
Sports have started with our nephews! That has been so much fun - we have been to Micah's soccer game and Noah's 8th grade football game and Saturday (aka Jake's birthday) we will go to Jonah's football game. Jonah's games are a little over an hour away and on Saturdays so until I felt like I could make the long journey we held off. This past week I have been feeling MUCH better so we will take the trip finally! I've been dying to go:) After that we'll have Jake's birthday dinner at the Sinclair's house. So we should have some fun pictures and then I'll try to get back to regular blogging.
So stay tuned and thank you for being patient!
1 comment:
Aww.. hope you get to feeling better soon.. Maybe it will be a girl this time!
Post a Comment